15 Ways to Build Trust and Credibility with Online Marketing
Two life coaches hope to get more clients using online marketing and social media. They both have websites, a Facebook business page, a LinkedIn profile, and a YouTube account. Life Coach A is getting lots of leads from her site every week. Life Coach B has a beautiful site, with great images, and her signature pink color. She knows people are visiting her site, but has no idea why those visits and Facebook fans aren’t turning into more paying clients.
What’s the difference between Coach A and Coach B? Credibility.
Coach B has a site that looks professional. She spent over $2500 working with a web designer to create just the right look. Unfortunately, her site is missing more than a few key elements needed to build trust online. Now, Life Coach A also has a professional looking site, but more importantly, she’s incorporated things that automatically make her sight appear more trustworthy when prospective clients find her online or via social media.
In an online world where anyone can create a website or blog and say they are in business, credibility is everything. Here’s how to establish credibility online and increase your “trust” factor with VIPs (Very Interested Prospects) looking for your services:
- Always include an “About Me” page on your blog so people know who they are doing business with.
- Use your real photo on your website and in your business social media profiles. Avatars may be cute, but they don’t boost your credibility.
- Share any relevant education, advanced degrees and awards you’ve received that are relevant to your work.
- Make sure your contact information, including a contact number is on your website.
- Join relevant organizations and display their logos on your website.
- Use a confirmed opt-in (a.k.a “double opt-in”) to ensure the credibility of your mailing lists to .
- If you reference other content in your blog posts, clearly state your sources. It’s common sense and courtesy.
- Collect and publish testimonials that highlight your credibility on your website. Detailed testimonials with real names and photos are best.
- Ask for “celebrity” endorsements from well-known names in your niche and publish them on your website.
- Be a frequent guest blogger; seek out and participate in writing opportunities for influential blogs.
- Accept guest posts from influencers in your niche.
- Respond to reader comments; visible interaction shows you are engaged with your readers.
- Avoid putting too much focus on yourself and put more focus into your target audience.
- Make sure your bios are up to date across your social networking profiles.
- Have your own voice; if you have advice that goes against a more popular approach speak up and let it be known.
Credibility – Don’t Market Online Without It!
Trust is one of the major currencies when doing business online. Use these 15 tips to boost yours and start improving your results with online marketing.