About Me | Tai Goodwin
There are lessons we have lived and messages etched on our hearts that we have been divinely positioned to deliver.
We are called to be brilliant and bankable. And when we fully own our calling, we will find that we are in perfect alignment with opportunities to increase our impact, influence, and income. Standing confidently in our own brilliance invites other women to do the same – that’s impact. Sharing our brilliance with the people we have been called to serve maximizes our influence. And setting an intention to be profitable on purpose is how we grow our income and have more to sow into the people, ideas, and movements that will change our world.
Together we ARE stronger. I imagine a world where women connect and collaborate with the intention of sowing into each other and harvesting brilliance that transforms people, communities, and the world.
To help as many women as I can pursue their calling with purpose, passion and a prosperity mindset so they can reach more people, change more lives, and grow their wealth.
What I Do
I am a Bankable Brilliance Mentor and Catalyst. I teach women how to confidently own their unique brilliance, brand it, and make it bankable.
Connection • Expression of Authentic Purpose • Spiritual Alignment • Empowerment • Creativity
I am called to serve women that are ready to step into the world as trailblazers. They:
- Have a purpose-based vision and a desire to make a difference through their work or business.
- Have made a conscious decision to BE BRILLIANT + BANKABLE.
- Are excited about and willing to do the work to make their vision a reality.
- Have made a commitment to investing in themselves and their vision.
- Make being willing to do what others won’t their habit.
- Welcome prosperity and abundance, which allows them to sow into the people they have been called to serve without anxiety, stress, or fear.
My Background + Professional History
My resume includes titles like classroom teacher, administrative assistant, employment coordinator, and principal e-learning designer over a 20-year span. I have worked in New York’s financial district, and for two Fortune500 companies including a global software development company. I have a B.S and M.S. in education and I keep a copy of the six-figure offer letter from a job I turned down because I knew I wanted to start my own business. I launched my business in 2007 while working full-time and officially stepped away from the paycheck in August of 2012. In January 2013 I was named to the Small Business Influencer’s Top 100 List. Not bad for a first generation college grad from the inner city of Philadelphia and former single mom.
The success I experienced with my own career coach, inspired me to launch my own coaching practice. I started out coaching other professionals through career transitions. However, I quickly attracted a following of ambitious and talented individuals who wanted more passion and purpose and refused to settle for anything less in life and work. These were my kind of people.[quote cite=”Fatesta Bateman, Founder of the Spa Bar”]I am now a true believer in having a Life Coach. In just two weeks my mind has shifted to an unbelievable place. I give credit to God for answering my prayers. I’m a work in progress. Thank you Tai Goodwin – Coach, Speaker, Brilliance Catalyst for an uplifting session today.[/quote]
What I’m most passionate about now…Helping women reclaim their brilliance and make it bankable!
NOW – I get to do work I love, with clients I love, helping them unleash into their brilliance so they can have more impact, influence, and income. I truly believe that living on purpose and doing work that you are passionate about are two of the best gifts we can give ourselves, our loved ones, our Creator, and those we have been called to reach.
On a personal note…
- I’m originally from Philadelphia but now live in Minnesota (that’s a story to tell).
- I started out in college as a fashion design major.
- My absolute favorite thing to do is browse a bookstore – I love digital and audio books, but there’s nothing like holding and smelling a new book.
- My favorite two people in the world are my daughter and husband.
- Destined to Win (2012) from MN Women in Networking
- Small Business Influencer Top 100 Champion (2013) from Small Biz Trends
- 100 Top Business Podcast 2014 – Small Business Trends
- Top 100 Most Influential Black People on Digital/Social Media (2014)
- Contributor: Huffington Post, Careerealism, and CAREER Magazine
- I’ve been highlighted in Money Magazine about Launching While Working
- Certified in Workplace Coaching, Human Performance Improvement, and Instructional Design for eLearning
- Award-Winning Instructional Designer
- B.S. and M.S. in Education