Last week, one of the brilliant women participating in the 15/15 eCourse Challenge, Sherrell Martin, asked a question about the tools for creating landing and sales pages.
Q: Do you prefer Lead Pages over Optimize Press?
A: It depends.
I tested Lead Pages and really like their platform. But there are two other tools in my arsenal that I already use and have a system for: Hybrid Connect and Optimize Press. Between the two of those, I don’t have a need for Lead Pages right now.
My Lead Pages Review
It’s a great tool for beginners! The beauty of Lead Pages is that if you are brand new to creating sales and landing pages, their templates make it super easy to get started. First, you don’t have to figure things out from scratch: their templates include text and layout for over 20 different landing pages. They’ve also tested which ones convert more. I highly recommend LP to my clients who want to get up and running fast and want a proven tool that integrates very nicely with WordPress.
Optimize Press templates too, but they are not as straightforward as Lead Pages where you can just turn sections on and off to hide them fro your published page. If you are new to creating pages and want something that looks good, I’d definitely start with Lead Pages. The downside is that there is an ongoing monthly fee and the lack of flexibility. I don’t like not being able to change the sales page design other than turning sections on and off. This is fine if you just want to be able to change the copy, but if you want to get more creative with the layout, without knowing any code, this won’t work best for you.
Why Hybrid Connect and Optimize Press works for me
Optimize Press, can be used as a full blog or plug-in for your existing WordPress site. In addition to just landing and sales page templates – there are content templates that are perfect for membership sites like the 15/15 eCourse Challenge or The Brand Your Own Brilliance Toolkit – both sites I’ve created using Optimize Press. Optimize Press (2.0) gives you more flexibility because you can add lots of different elements and rearrange each page using their PageBuilder. Both systems have a sales funnel option – which means you can have multiple video landing pages that lead to an ultimate sales/opt-in offer. You can see the OP sales funnel in action at ProfitableOnPurpose.com.
In addition to being able to create landing and sales pages, OP can be used for your entire site. And if you don’t want need a new theme, you can just use the plug in. The most recent version of the theme also has a membership option, but in my estimation it is not as robust as WishList or Digital Access Pass. If you have plans to build an empire of products and programs, I highly suggest investing in Optimize Press.
Hybrid Connect is similar to Pippity and Optin Skin – all premium (not free) plugins. I’ve used all three of them and have found Hybrid Connect to be the best investment. Here’s why it stands out for me:
- Awesome opt-in box templates that are highly customizable. You can customize width, height, text position, color, side image, input boxes, and more. They have both horizontal and vertical options.
- You can even create your own templates and then reuse them for different opt-in offers. You can also copy opt-in forms so you never have to start from scratch.
- It integrates with all the major email service providers, including Aweber, InfusionSoft, Mail Chimp, Campaign Monitor, and my favorite Get Response.
- Location, location, location. Opt-in boxes can be placed anywhere you like: sidebar widget, at the end of post (using the short-code) and my favorite as a stand alone opt-in page. I use it on this site for my Infoproduct Ebook opt-in. You can also use it to create pop up opt-in boxes. Now I know many people say they don’t like them, but there’s a reason why so many sites use them: they work!
- Compatibility: Pippity and Optin Skin both had minor compatibility issues with wordpress themes that I’ve used before. Hybrid Connect has been a lot easier to to work with in this regard.
- Reporting: I love being able to see what optin forms are getting the most sign ups. This is a great way to test what works and what doesn’t.
Hybrid Connect and Optimize Press are one-time investments. You can use Hybrid Connect on as many sites as you want for $67 (A single license is $47). You can use Optimize Press on up to 10 sites with their Publisher Package. For Lead Pages, the monthly investment is $37/month.
I review other tools for creating landing and sales pages for your infoproducts and programs in The Brilliant List: 20 Tools for Creating Landing Pages That Work.