Girlfriend, Are You Drowning in Fear or Flying By Faith?
Fear can be a powerful saboteur. But faith can be a more powerful ally.
“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.” — Robert Fritz
Do you struggle with self-doubt, always questioning your purpose?
The worst thing about self-doubt is that your fears often become self-fulfilling prophecies. The key to erasing self-doubt is to take action. Each step you take towards living your purpose increases your self-confidence and sharpens your decision-making skills. To silence your inner critic so you can be ready to receive the opportunities awaiting you:
- Identify what’s triggering your self-doubt. Are you feeling overwhelmed? Are you comparing yourself to someone else? Are you experiencing the discomfort of trying something new? Tuning in to the source of the insecurity empowers you to address it.
- Stop focusing on past mistakes. You may be subconsciously replaying negative thoughts about past failures and rejection, which prevent you from moving forward. Thoughts like “I can’t do this” and “I’m not good enough” become excuses to hide from new experiences and opportunities.
We all make mistakes. Making mistakes doesn’t make you a bad or incompetent person – it simply makes you human. Beating yourself up over something you feel you did wrong only leads to a damaging cycle of frustration and procrastination. Consider that life’s challenges are an opportunity to learn and grow as a person. Make a decision to accept that while you’re not perfect, you are someone who strives to do the best job possible.
The next time you have a self-doubting thought, take a few moments to determine whether it’s really true. If your insecurities are getting the better of you, remember that while your past may influence your purpose, it does not determine your destiny. As soon as you catch negative thoughts clouding your vision, replace the defeating messages with positive self-talk. Make the switch each and every time your inner critic shows up.
Are You Bright or Brilliant?
Spend time reflecting on the following questions:
- How has self-doubt been keeping you from your purpose?
- What do you need to stop settling for?
- What do you need to give yourself permission to have, be, or do?
- To whom have you been giving permission to sow negative seeds into you or limit the vision you have?
This is an excerpt from my upcoming book, Girlfriend, It’s Your Time: Reclaim your Brilliance and Step Into Your Purpose. You can get a full sample chapter by visiting, BrilliantBusinessGirlfriends.com.