Have you tried Google Hangouts yet? Are you thinking about hosting one?
I’ve been experimenting with using Google Hangouts with clients, prospects, and my online network. Originally I avoided using Hangouts because the technology was very glitchy. Over the last 6 months however, Google has made major improvements. Are there still a few bugs that creep in at times? Yes – and that happens with almost every online tool at some point. But the benefits and potential of Google Hangouts far outweigh the things they still need to work on. If you are looking for a free platform to engage with your audience, connect to your team, and create content – it’s worth it to explore Google Hangouts.
- You can create a video chat conference with up to 10 active participants simultaneously.
- You can have an unlimited number of viewers (people just watching your broadcast)
- You can make live telephone calls free through Google Hangouts.
- You can record your Hangouts and immediately upload them straight to YouTube.
- Hangouts can be accessed from any internet-capable computer, including both PC and Mac, but can also be accessed by most Android and iOS devices through apps.
Here are 5 ways you can use Google Hangouts in your coaching, consulting, or holistic practice:
Do a Demonstration
- You can use Hangouts to conduct live demonstrations for your private clients. Show them the correct way to do a yoga position or how to use a new plug-in you recommend they add to their blog. You can then take these recorded demos and add them to your website on a members only page.
Conduct an Interviews
- You can have someone interview you, or you can interview someone else live. You can capture participant questions and comments via the chat feature. Once recorded, you could share the interview on YouTube or convert it to an MP3 and create an audio download to give away to your VIPs.
Give a Marketing Presentations
- Are you pitching an idea or project to a prospective consulting client. Show them your proposal instead of just sending them an email. Hangouts give your potential clients an opportunity to ask questions and get answers from you in real time, instead of messy email threads. Launching a new product? Hangouts also make excellent infomercials for your potential affiliates or cross promotion partners.
Hold a Live Collaboration Meeting
- If you’re working on a project with multiple people, gather your team together and collaborate live through a Hangout. It will let you give each other instant feedback, updates on current project progress, and more. This is perfect for working with a Virtual Assistant or coordinating with your “Street Team” when launching a new book.
Make an Announcement
- Hold a live “press conference” to announce something or report some news you have, a Google Hangout is a great way to do so! You then have a recording you can add to the media page of your site where you promote your speaking services.
These are just some of the ways you can use Google Hangouts in your coaching, consulting or holistic services business. Ready to try it? First, make sure you’ve installed the hangout plugin. There are more ideas, tips and even step-by-step guidance on ow to get started in my new report: Brand Your Brilliance with Google Hangouts. Click here to see the full details and grab a copy of the report and the mini e-course.
[button url=”http://brandyourownbrilliance.com/google-plus” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#6623a1″ size=”9″]Get the Google Hangouts Report[/button]