Launching: New Twitter Chat for Brilliant Business Girlfriends #BBGChat
A few years ago I was co-host of a Twitter Chat with Melinda Emerson. Every week we conducted Twitter interviews with amazing guest, including Guy Kawasaki, Michael Hyatt, and Tori Johnson (three of my favorite conversations). Twitter Chats are one of my favorite ways to use Twitter to make new connections and to learn (two of my favorite things.) So I am beyond thrilled to announce the launch of #BBGChat (Brilliant Business Girlfriends Chat) – a weekly Twitter Chat for spiritually conscious women entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, authors, and speakers.
You’re probably familiar with the saying, “Your net worth is equal to your network.” I am a firm believer in the more Brilliant Girlfriends you know, the more contacts you have who can help you and the more people you can be a help to. Your network, online and offline is one of the best ways to build buzz about your bankable brilliance: each person you know knows someone else who knows someone else and so on.
I’ve made some of my best connections through social media. Tanya Smith, Nicole Fende, and Shannon Hernandez are just a few of the Brilliant Business Girlfriends I’ve had the privilege of becoming good friends with. Social networking, with the right connections, can open the door for profitable friendships and business partnerships. You never know how an affiliation you make today, can help you in the future. This is the power of social networking.
Sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter allow you to meet new people who have the same business interests and values as you. You can even build relationships that are as strong as any face-to-face association. This is the idea behind #BBGChat.
What Is a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter Chat is an opportunity to use Twitter to connect to people who share your common interests. Participants in the #BBGChat are interested in growing their impact, influence, and income. By participating in the weekly chats, you’ll have the chance to network with other women from across the globe that are serious about building a profitable business and using entrepreneurship to reach more people and change more lives.
Here’s how the #BBGChat will work:
- Each week there will be a topic, presented by the host (me) or special co-host.
- The topic, agenda, and questions will be posted in advance.
- You will have the option to either answer questions, retweet other people’s answers or just lurk (although it’s way more fun to participate).
- To participate, just include the hashtag #BBGChat in your post, so anyone who has joined the conversation can follow your message.
- At the end of each chat there will be an opportunity to promote your brand or business.
How to get the most out of participating in the #BBGChat
With Twitter, there are very few established rules but there is etiquette for using the platform to connect with other entrepreneurs, clients, prospects, and potential partners.
On Twitter DO and Don’t Do That List:
- DO: Follow people that participate in the chat. Remember Twitter Chats are about connecting with people.
- Some people try to blast promotional tweets during the conversation, Don’t Do That.
- DO: Contribute posts that showcase your expertise and experience with the topic.
- Some people have a hard time staying on topic, Don’t Do That. If you want to start your own topic – then start your own chat.
- DO: Ask questions or clarification when someone says something interesting.
- Getting into arguments with someone because you disagree with them can turn really nasty, Don’t Do That.
- DO: Be professional and use proper grammar and appropriate abbreviations in your tweets.
- Gossip, negative comments and personal attacks are not welcome in the #BBGChat – Please Don’t Do It.
- DO: Use the #BBGChat hashtag during the chat and even during the week to help promote the weekly conversation.
- Some people overuse hash tags and use them in every word in their post. Don’t Do That.
DO join us on Tuesday nights at 7PM CST for #BBGChat.
Our first official Twitter Chat is set for June 24th. There are goign to be two 30 minute preview chats on June 10th and June 17th.
You can use Twitter, TweetDeck or Hootsuite to follow along, but the best way to connect to the conversation is through our Twitter chat room hosted on Twubs. Click here to join the BBG Twitter Chat conversation.