Creating good content requires effort, thoughtfulness, and time. There is absolutely no reason to get only one use out of the brilliant work you create. The solution: repurpose.
One of my favorite things to do is help my clients figure out ways to repurpose their work. In this post, I’m sharing how you can become a brilliant content creator.
Here are 12 simple ideas to repurpose your work and become a MacGyver of Content Creation:
- Invite your readers post it on their site. Make sure to include your bio and link back to your site at the end of the post.
- Create an infographic with it and share it on Pinterest.
- Create a slide deck and publish it on SlideShare.net.
- Repurpose it as narration or a script for a video to share on YouTube.
- Share it in your newsletter. I share the intro of the post in my newsletter, with a link back to the full article on my blog.
- Turn it into an email course. You’ve already got the basics; now break it into parts, bullet points and more details like examples, tips, resources, instructional videos and helpful links. Use the e-course as a valuable opt-in course or a first-tier paid product.
- Rewrite the article for a guest post. Keep the structure, revise the content, and even more valuable content to it.
- Share selections of the article on forums and social media.
- Create 140-character “sound bites” and schedule them to automatically post to Twitter. Use Buffer or SocialOomph.
- Include the content in a report or ebook to create a valuable opt-in offer.
- Turn it into a podcast or audio download. I use Audio Acrobat.
- Create a handout with the information and give it away at your next networking event.
Being strategic about how you leverage your content is another way to brand your brilliance. To make your content creation process simple, choose 3 or 4 ideas and consistently use them to share your brilliance with your audience.