I’m a huge fan of any book that encourages people to step out and be bold enough to passionately pursue their purpose. The Think Big Manifesto by Michael Port is a pep talk in book form that inspires you to dig deep and connect with what you stand for.
[quote]“The pain of remorse, of wasted opportunity, is a cancer far worse than any of the pain or humiliation we so fear when we are thinking small.”[/quote]
Full of examples, memorable quotes, and thought provoking ideas, here are my highlights of this small book with a big message:
- Favorite example of a Big Thinker: John Wood founder and CEO of Room to Read
- Best tip: Control – Alt-Delete is not only for computers, use it to over throw your internal critic
- Favorite made-up word: de-GURU-ize
- Something to think about: The difference between being connected vs being attached to people and ideas.
- Book mentioned that I’m adding to my reading list: Synchronicity by Joseph Jaworski
- Pages to re-read: Section on Getting Comfortable with Discomfort